
whilst watching clara bow in "the plastic age" (and attempting to lipread when the boys are having their sex talks), i have decided to make my etsy store more of a priority. how did slutty cynthia make me come to such a decision? well, truth be told, it wasn't just her. i think it has more to do with:
1. the sad economy
2. shopping with cory and saying over and over, "i could make that and it'd be better!"
3. tips at work getting few and far between
4. my ankle causing me grief and arthritis in this cold
5. a very successful retail strategy i implemented at luna that is bringing in lots of money for the cafe. we've sold more t shirts and mugs and gift certificates in the past week then in the whole time i've worked there!
6. of course clara bow!
see, even though i'm much more of a louise brooks devotee than a clara bow fan, the girl did have "it." loosely translated, "it" was cute hair and precious clothes and flirty cutesy-ness no boy could resist. i at least want to make the clothes. and i can!
so here's my new plan:
* i will treat etsy like a job. i will schedule hours for working on garments, pics and postings, and stick to them. i wouldn't want to have to fire myself for being late or lazy!
* organize my projects so they are clear and concise. define my work spaces and use them accordingly.
* set goals for amounts of listings, selling time frames, sales, etc. track these goals and adust as needed.
*promote my store like mad. i did major in marketing, after all! i can do this.
wish me luck! and be sure to text me at 9a pacific time to make sure i'm up and at 'em. muchly appreciated.

4 comments:
Funny you wrote this-- I was just thinking today that it is HIGH time to blog about you and your wonderful store! Tell me what you are okay with: 1. pics from your blog? 2. link to your blog? 3. endless, effusive compliments on your talent and style savvy?
Your store is going to be the BEST. You can totally do this! Go go go go go girl!!!!!!
(: Sasha
Wow! You've already got a person on board that is going to make you money. Why? Because she believes in you and what you are all about. And geeps, that just makes me so un-original. I don't know how to help, but I will try.
My blog is not necessarily a girly fashion blog that I see every other girl doing. So, since I don't see much in the way of traffic, I don't know if me putting you on my blogger will help, but I am willing to try.
As much as you wish to succeed, I want to help you get it...
Love and hugs always!
sasha,
yes to any and all of the above! wow wow wow and thank you from the bottom of my heart!
darlene,
girl, you keep me going. whether it's your amazing ability to know exactly what i'm feeling or the gorgeous items from your store or the sweet lil' pea that brought us together, you're always with me in some way. love to you!
it'd be an honor to be on either of your blogs. thanks so so so much!
I want to do a lil' interview too! I will send the questions to your Etsy inbox sometime today or tomorrow! I'd love to get the piece up on Monday!
(: Sasha
Post a Comment