Wednesday, November 26, 2008

it's not a robe!

actually, it's a dressing gown but it's still far too pretty to stay at home.


vintage silky dressing gown: burien goodwill

vivienne westwood necklace: evil ebay

bangles: vintage and forever 21

antique pocket watch on cheap chain: had it forever and a day!

black lace up boots: palladium, zappos.com

betsey johnson rose tinted sunglasses: nordstrom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'd burst if I saw you in person. Your style slays me, but your PRESENCE is what'd put me or anyone else who meets/knows you over the edge.

I mean this as an absolute compliment. You have the face that would launch a thousand big ships. And you add accoutrements to your already gorgeous visage, and DAMN! To the moon, baby!

Thank you for sharing your fabulousness with the rest of the world. Believe me, I'm a better person for knowing you, and I know I am not alone.

SusiePrue said...

i had to stop by the flagship nordstrom today and my old staff kept raving about my gorgeous dress. it killed me! i told them all it was a robe from the goodwill and the phrase everyone busted out with was, "only you!"

i remember reading in "the bell jar" sylvia's reminiscence about a girl who ate salad entirely with her fingers, leaf by leaf. although she did it in a high society place, the fact that she did it with grace and the attitude that it was the most natural thing ever made all the debs turn a blind eye on her breach of ettiquette. i try to dress with that attitude. if you don't think anything of it, neither will anyone else!

thank you for your lovely lovely compliment. it means a lot, especially coming from the gorgeous siren of the south!