Saturday, November 22, 2008

saturday's outfit is here!


sorry to confuse everyone by posting friday's outfit on saturday. throws ya off, doesn't it?


yellow and green vintage garder party dress: stylesmithvintage.etsy.com

nattily nouveau necklace (with bakelite comb!): mmefortuna.etsy.com

storybook apron: kimmi.etsy.com

hair flowers: jonelle lind

orange tights: target (buy in bulk when you find colored tights there - they sell out fast!)

frye boots: urban outfitters

cory made deviled eggs while i was at work. we're going to a friend's house for turducken tonight. this will be a new experience for me and i'll be sure to fill you all in tomorrow. cory just called the cooks up to see if it was too late to add some bacon to it. unfortunately it was. still, i'm very excited about the prospect of meat stuffed with meat stuffed with meat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a dress veryyyy similar. Great minds think alike apparently. I know you and C will have a wonderful night!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there....

I'm still so flattered and am wiping tears from you simply saying that you'd like measurements of the dresses I crafted. :) Wince! I needed to know that someone out there cared about my crafts... I can't tell you how much.

Okay, I took measurements flat, and you can judge fit by how they fit my frame: 38"-27/28"-39"

The Pink Dress with logo:

Flat measured at the bottom of each armpit to armpit: 17 1/4"

Bosom has darting and measures roughly 18" flat or about 36" across.

Right beneath busom measures 16" flat

Waist: flat 14 1/2"

Hips: flat 20"

Fans out and measures about 23 3/4" across flat

And from bottom of armpit to bottom of dress measures 28" flat.

-------------------------------------

The green dress measures in as follows: (keeping in mind that the lime green fabric has stretch. I believe it's a nylon-poly blend with spandex thrown in for good measure.)

Flat unstretched busom measures 15" across - stretches to about 19" flat across

Waist flat and unstretched at 14" across and flexes to 16 1/2" across

Hips flat and unstretched measure at 17 1/4" and stretches up to 22" flat

From the bottom of the armpit to the estimated bottom of the dress (due to its staggered hem) measures flat at 27 1/2" (you can wear it higher on your thigh if you choose as my asymmetrical blue piece camoflauges the fabric's tendency to bunch a bit around the waist like when you sit or whatever.

I will add a V.b bottlecap, courtesy of PinUpSodaPop.com, with the logo on it as well, just as a cute little added touch.

------------------------------------

Both of these, individually priced, would be at 60% off my asking price:

pink: 36.00 at 60% off is: $14.40 + shipping

green: 25.00 at 60% off is: $10.00 + shipping

I would be honored for you to own anything of mine, just as I have been in months past. You humble me, even if you decide not to buy. Just by "listening" and being there for me...

The Dusty Dog Vintage Boutique said...

LOVE this outfit Susie! You wear it well!

xoxo
Tara
The Dusty Dog Vintage Boutique

Anonymous said...

By the way, hubby saw your photo in this entry and said (and I quote), "hubba hubba!"

He loves Lulu, Louise Brooks, and you are channeling her magnificently! Good on you, dear S!

SusiePrue said...

now i'm REALLY blushing!!! how sweet of all of you.